Sally D. Meadows Elementary opened in the fall of 1964. Meadows Elementary was named for one of Vidalia's most prominent early citizens. New construction was completed in the spring of 2010. We now serve grades two through five in our building of sixty-five new or renovated classrooms. Our facility includes four grade level wings, five computer labs, a gym, music room, cafeteria, administrative suite, and media center.
Bravely Preparing for Our Future
The mission of Sally D. Meadows Elementary is to prepare all students to be college and career ready.
Our children will become productive leaders in a global society.
In Vidalia City, we believe:
1. High academic and behavioral expectations are essential to develop college and/or career ready students.
2. The home, school, community partnership is vital to academic success and community economic growth.
3. Every student has the opportunity and responsibility to learn.
4. Student achievement is maximized when all environments are conducive to learning.
5. Effective teaching practices optimize students’ opportunities to learn.
6. All adults in the home, school and community have the responsibility to serve as positive role models.
7. Parental involvement, encouragement, and accountability are vital to student achievement/success and educational well-being.
8. All extra-curricular activities are an enhancing/integral component of the overall educational program.
9. Education is a life-long process that is ever-changing.
The Vidalia Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or handicapping condition in educational programs, activities or employment.